HerbalTussin Syrup0 Reviews
- A soothing syrup designed to ease bronchial and chest discomfort
- Supports a clear respiratory system and easy breathing
- Aids in sleeping through the night despite respiratory irritation
- Designed for acute needs to “attack the hack” whether it’s a wet or dry cough
- Supports the natural healing process of respiratory ailments
- Soothes and eases coughs
- Supports clear, easy breathing
- Combats chest congestion
- Safe for kids
HerbalTussin Syrup is our natural, herbal take on the classic OTC syrup from the drugstore. It is designed for acute needs to “attack the hack,” whether it’s a wet or dry cough. Our main objective was to ease discomfort in the throat, lungs and bronchial tubes so that you’re a) far more comfortable, and b) able to sleep much better through the night. Several of the herbs in this syrup have anti-spasmodic and bronchio-dilating properties, which allows you to breathe easier despite any active respiratory ailments. This blend is also highly soothing to mucosal membranes.
Because all of our formulas aim for the root instead of treating surface symptoms, we’ve also included herbs that support the native immunity of the resident macrophages (white blood cells) so that your own immune function is reinforced and boosted. The goal is to re-establish immune homeostasis so that the respiratory ailment is taken care of by the body as swiftly as possible. Rather than simply suppressing the cough, this is a whole-body approach.
On top of this, HerbalTussin helps the body take care of excess mucus when one is congested by loosening thick mucus and helping it to move out. All of the tools in our immunity line are there to help you feel better faster and support your body as it fights respiratory bugs. HerbalTussin is one of the best ways to “attack the hack” and breathe easy again.
HOW TO USE (ADULTS): Take 1/2 teaspoon every 2 hours or as needed. Shake well before using.
HOW TO USE (KIDS): Depending on weight, take 1/4 tsp every 2 hours or as needed.
The super herbs in our blend:
- Wild Cherry Bark – Wild cherry has expectorant, antitussive, astringent, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, bitter, and nervine actions. Its sedative action is helpful for easing the cough reflex and calming irritating coughs (Hoffmann, 2003). It is especially helpful for coughs that make it difficult to sleep through the night.
- Fresh Osha Root – Helps to “open the lungs,” increasing oxygen uptake and blood circulation into the capillaries of the lungs. Useful for the resolution of all respiratory ailments as it supports bronchial health and easy breathing.
- Thyme Herb – Antimicrobial herb with specific affinity for the throat and lungs to decrease the duration of respiratory ailments and defend against pathogens.
- Licorice Root – A demulcent herb that improves the health of the mucosal layer (immune barrier) and instantly soothe discomfort.
- Grindelia – Grindelia is an expectorant that helps with moving and breaking up thick mucous. It is analgesic and antispasmodic to help with discomfort and hacking.
- Slippery Elm Bark – Slippery elm contains mucilage, a sticky mixture of sugars that can’t be broken down by the human digestive tract. The mucilage coats the throat and greatly helps with respiratory discomfort
- Peppermint Leaf – Decongestant herb that helps with mucous and phlegm.
- White Pine Bark – Specific for respiratory and bronchial complaints, especially when wet and cold in nature.
- Yerba Santa Leaf – Decongestant herb that helps to liquify mucous in the lungs and facilitate expectoration. Yerba Santa also aids in upper respiratory tissue repair and slows down the production of excess mucus.
- Ginger Root – Mediates the immune and allergic response, warms the lungs, increases blood supply to the respiratory tract to bring in innate immunity and help resolve respiratory ailments.
- Horehound – Antispasmodic, analgesic (pain-relieving) properties, helps with excess mucous and easy breathing.
- Menthol Crystals – Soothes congestion and irritated nasal/throat passages.
- Organic Honey – Demulcent that brings moisture and lubrication to the throat and airways.