If I had to create only one tool for enhancing quality of life and overall health for the largest amount of people, it would be my go-to digestive blend to address the insanely common complaints of indigestion that many people face today.
Nothing gets in the way of living life more than stomach troubles — especially due to the fact that eating is something we sort of have to do around three times a day! Nausea after meals, bloating, and/or gas are uncomfortable issues that many of us deal with on a daily basis, but with the help of herbal medicine it doesn’t have to be that way.
Optimal digestion is everything. If you can’t absorb nutrients from your food, how are you going to use those nutrients to rebuild your cells and tissues?
From our new line of natural, 100% plant-based tinctures, Digestive Juice is a unique formula that was specifically designed to reduce common stomach issues as well as help increase the overall efficiency of the digestive process.
All of the herbs included in Digestive Juice are considered traditional “bitters”, and their application as digestive aids dates back thousands of years. Each herb contains specific plant compounds your body needs to properly digest your food and absorb all of the nutrients you’re working so hard to put on your plate.
When you use the convenient spray on your tongue 15 minutes before meals, your vagus nerve is stimulated, signaling the stomach to secrete the necessary digestive juices and enzymes ahead of time in order to prepare your body for smooth, seamless digestion. You can also use the spray during or after your meals in case you forget, or if any symptoms such as gas unexpectedly arise.
The super-herbs in our blend:
- Gentian Root – a traditional bitter with an affinity for the digestive system that settles the stomach both physically and emotionally. On an emotional level, it helps with “nerves,” butterflies, and indigestion due to upset and self-doubt.
- Oregon Grape Root – an excellent promoter of bile secretion, which is necessary for the proper digestion of fats. Helps move stagnation within the digestive tract.
- Dandelion Root – a gentle, soothing bitter that helps prevent constipation and promotes healthy liver detoxification.
- Angelica Root – a bitter, warming and invigorating herb that is traditionally used to stimulate appetite, improve digestion, and reduce intestinal gas production. Also protects the digestive tract from harmful bacteria while increasing the production of stomach acid.
- Peppermint Leaf – an aid for relieving indigestion, fullness, discomfort, and gas.
- Orange Peel – traditionally used for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders, nervousness, insomnia, and gout.
- Fennel Seed – a natural digestive aid and gas reliever, Fennel can be used for a variety of digestive problems including heartburn, intestinal gas and bloating.
- Prickly Ash Bark– an excellent HCL stimulant that can also help improve circulation and fatigue post-meal.
- Blue Flag Root – specifically used to treat indigestion, Blue Flag Root is a wonderful ally for nausea or sluggishness after a rich meal.
- Licorice Root – soothes and protects the digestive tract to balance out other ingredients that prompt you to release stomach acid.
- Ginger Root – stokes the digestive fire, improves circulation, and decreases nausea.
As an herbalist, one of the basics of our training is to support our clients’ digestion with the bitter herbs our culture has long forgotten. Bring a little traditional wisdom into your life and try it for yourself — you’ll never leave the house without it!
Want to learn more about Digestive Juice? Read the Story Behind the Formula here!