EPISODE #05 – IT’S NOT YOU, IT’S YOUR SIGN – a 2020 astrology update w/ Danielle Paige
- Published on: 03 February, 2020
- Last update: 03 November, 2020
THIS WEEK ON WHAT’S THE JUICE PODCAST…
On today’s episode… we’re going for a wild ride down astrology lane. Because what’s the point of life on earth if we can’t have a little fun with the stars? 😜
20 years ago, if you asked someone for their moon/sun/rising signs, they’d probably look at you sideways, or laugh at you for “reading your horoscope.” Nowadays? I have every single friend and family member’s chart stored in my Co-Star app, including a few uber drivers whose signs I just HAD to know.
Today’s episode furthers our theme from last week of understanding ourselves and our behavior… but instead of learning how codependent we are, we’re gonna have some FUN and learn about our personalities through the lens of astrology. I’m all about playing with the many different paradigms in which we can further unpack ourselves, our quirks and our choices: enneagram, human design, zodiac signs you name it — I know my type and I’m usually ready to tell you allllll about yours. 😂
Speaking of which. The first half of this episode is Nick and I straight up roasting and psychoanalyzing the 12 signs, so this is a fair warning. You can’t be mad at me for what I said about you (looking @ you Aries and Scorpio friends) because I made sure to roast my own sign (Leo) even worse. Yes, we are ANNOYING AS HELL. But you have to love us. It’s a thing.
(to read the full transcription of this episode, click HERE)
At least this time I gave my Sagittarius fam a break. (I told you I adore you — you’re just INTENSE sometimes, okay?!?!)
After Nick and I start the episode off with our ruthless zodiac roster, we jump right into my interview with intuitive astrologer Danielle Paige who takes a no-BS approach to life and lays everything out on the table. She is so confident not only in who she is, but in her work helping people navigate major life shifts through her readings and guidance.
I deeply admire Danielle’s journey and her philosophy on owning your life and purpose. Seeing things the way she does — past the physical and deep into the spiritual — can’t be easy. Dealing and working in the world of energy and intuition comes with it’s own unique set of challenges. I hope that her story of how she got to a place where she was able to accept her own gifts inspires all of us to accept that we each have the ability to tap into spirit/connection, receive signs/divine guidance and feel energetic shifts of the collective on a deep level. We just live in a world where we’re conditioned NOT to hone our innate abilities.
That’s why we regard those of us around us who dedicate their lives to intuitive energy work as “special”. I see them as bold, creative, curious, and empathetic. A big part of Danielle’s journey was coming to terms with and embracing her truth. Now she’s modeling this for others and helping women cultivate their own unique paths.
If you guys have been following me for a while you know that my dreams are vivid AF. I once had a dream that a teacher microwaved my tongue. And on Instagram I just shared an experience from last week where I had a very vivid dream warning me about kidney disease.
This entire conversation about astrology and what lies beyond what we can “see” reminded me that we all must pay attention to our dreams. Our intuition. Our inklings. Our gut punches. While giving me a live reading, Danielle touched on a core truth for me: I will never feel satisfied unless I am helping people on a deep level, especially with their mental health. This is something my own intuition has told me my entire life, and it’s not rocket science to see one you know me… but I thought it was incredible that this was quite literally ‘written in my chart’ just as much as it shows up in my gut every day when I wake up.
During this episode, we’re going to touch on soulmates, soul contracts, the dreaded “saturn return,” trusting God/source/the universe, and learning to work with the cosmic flow. We are energetic beings, Danielle says — and she’s here to tell us what to do when we’re super sensitive to the collective energy / how we can protect ourselves from the constant barrage of mixed signals from the outside world. This episode is about opening our consciousness and embracing the shifts as they come. Learning how to surrender, let go and listen to our hearts not our brains. We know what we came here to do. We just have to keep pushing towards it and take are of ourselves along the way.
So, What’s the Juice?
• We talk about acknowledging ourselves and fully SEEING our pain before you start to “fix”. Awareness brings healing.
• We’re all “psychic.” This just means we’re sensitive to energy because we’re all energy beings. We can all access the divine form of ‘intuition’ per say that those who we see as psychic can hone into.
• Danielle says that dreams are our subconscious and we have to pay attention to them. She also notes that our dreams can sometimes contain “other peoples stuff” and details from a past life, future life, and even parallel life.
• Fear is often a block that keeps us from seeing spirit. We have to become aware with how spirit wants to communicate with us. This can be through other people coming into our lives for a reason, through dreams, through “signs”, or it can be through straight up channeling.
• The safest way to connect with your truth is to connect to your heart. This is your purpose.
• Our birth date (the moment we take our first breath) is our energetic stamp. We are always on time. Our body has infinite wisdom inside of it. Humans know nothing but our souls know everything.
• Don’t fear your saturn return (happens somewhere between ages 28-31). Things will feel crazy. You will probably cry a lot. You will experience rapid change. Trust that it’s all for your higher self, the greatest good.
• Consider your nervous system. Are you on edge? How can you get calm and clear enough to hear/see the signs. Meditation is important. Spirit is always here. Our mind is what blocks us. But everyone has to get there on their own path. It takes practice for a reason. It’s hard for a reason.
• Higher calling → can sometimes be a double edges sword. Especially sensitive people are more prone to mental illness.
• Energy needs a place to go. When you’re feeling something that’s not yours, or if you’re feeling something that’s no longer serving you be aware that it’s not yours. Simply send that energy back with love.
“Energy is energy and energy flows through us. If I leave a place and I’m drained, ask myself, is this my stuff or is it someone else’s?”
– Danielle Paige
My specifics for anyone who wants to nerd out or may have a similar chart:
** Mercury is in my 12th house, this means I do a lot of processing during the day. I need to be super aware of my mind body connection and keep my mental health in check.
** Sun Sign = your life force and it’s also in my 12th house. Anyone who has a sun in the twelfth house you are here to help people who are emotionally struggling or suffering in some way. Working w/ people who are (in one way or another) in the prison of their own minds.
** My sun is conjunct Chiron = past life energy or wound and I’m tuned into the collective.
** My North Node = in Sag. All about tapping into intuition. Your purpose. It’s a frequency you’re moving into throughout your entire life.
** My South Node = in Gemini. Indecisive. It’s also a gift —> I’m very curious. Love to hone in on one area that’s very specific and share that with the world.
CONNECT WITH DANIELLE – https://daniellepaige.com/
HER INSTAGRAM – http://www.instagram.com/iamdaniellepaige
HER FABULOUS PODCAST – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/cosmic-body-with-danielle-paige/id1459167088
Watch On YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBfVT-CD2oo
Next week we’re back to education/information mode learning all about the LYMPHATIC SYSTEM. Get your #What’sTheJuice dedicated notebook out because the notes will be FLOWING.
STAY JUICY XOXO,