The Game-Changing Recipe That Can Turn Anyone Into a Beet Lover
- Published on: 23 January, 2019
- Last update: 23 January, 2019
I used to swear that I hated beets… I just couldn’t fathom that people wanted to eat them! Somehow, Nick has this talent of making any food taste delicious, and he truly changed my life with this recipe. I’m so glad because beets are an incredible liver detox food packed with betaine (which helps the liver cells release bile and eliminate toxins) along with pectin (which clears the toxins that have been removed from the liver so they don’t get recirculated).
- 10-12 medium beets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- dash of black pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Trim the tops and bottoms of the beets and peel them.
3. Cut into ~1 inch chunks.
4. Pat dry to get rid of excess moisture.
5. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Toss in olive oil to coat evenly.
6. Spread out on baking sheet and cook in oven for 20 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes, shake them up or turn them over. Cook for 15-20 more minutes depending on how soft you want them. You’ll know they’re done when they pierce easily with a fork.
8. In a small mixing bowl, mix together the lime juice, orange juice, and red wine vinegar. Pour over the cooked beats and toss one more time to evenly coat. Serve immediately.
REHEATING: Since this makes a big batch, you can store the leftovers in the fridge as meal prep for up to 3 days. They reheat very well if you pop them back into the oven at 425° F for 10 minutes.