How to Use EFT Tapping (Acupressure Points) To Relieve Pain & Anxiety in 5 Minutes
- Published on: 01 December, 2016
- Last update: 07 August, 2017
I know it’s so simple that it’s almost unbelievable… but I experienced the power of these meridian points 2 years ago during the worst stress headache of my life. Nothing would stop the throbbing and I was in tears as Nick scoured the internet for “quick ways to relieve pain.” It seemed like a gimmick at first, but I was willing to try anything. I started off at a pain level 10. After the first round of tapping my points, I was down to an 9. Another round, 8.5… After several more sets of the tapping and phrases, the pain was finally manageable. Knowing what I know now about bioenergetics and rewiring neural pathways, it makes perfect sense.
I have used this technique many times since that day and it has never failed me: insomnia, panic attacks, neck pain, etc! It’s not a “cure” but always brings me relief when I need it.
How it Works
EFT operates on the premise that unresolved emotional stress can impede the natural healing processes of the human body and contribute to physical ailments, pain, etc. Instead of using acupuncture needles to release these emotional/energetic blockages, we (1) mentally “tune in” to the specific issue, (2) stimulate certain meridian points on the body by tapping them with our fingertips, and (3) recite a positive affirmation. This combination works to clear the “short-circuit” – the emotional block — thus restoring your mind/body balance (which makes it easier for your system to work on the pain or ailment on its own).
1. While continuously tapping the Karate Chop point, say “Even though I have this ____ (stress, pain, headache, etc.), I deeply and completely accept myself.”
2. For the rest of the points: tap each one 5-10 times while repeating only the reminder phrase, “this ____” (whatever your ailment was).
3. Take a deep breath, then repeat the cycle several times until the situation/pain becomes more manageable.