How I Cleared My Acne (Cystic, Hormonal & Digestive Causes)

• Published on: 12 September, 2016
  • Last update: 07 August, 2017

I suffered with acne all throughout high school and into college. Today I have a new YouTube video for you where I talk about how I finally achieved clear skin, the root causes of acne (what your body is trying to tell you!), the supplements I used, and the diet/skin care changes I made. I had cystic acne along with whiteheads AND blackheads (the whole shebang), and my root causes were both digestive and hormonal (forehead and cheeks/jaw).

My skin is not perfect by any means! I still have some uneven texture, whiteheads here and there when I’m stressed or on my period, and some scars from the damage. But I am no longer going through the painful cysts and bumps I used to get every single day. I hope this video helps you get closer to YOUR root cause. Enjoy!

Here are the products I mentioned in this video (in order):

✘ LOWER BOWEL FORMULA: http://amzn.to/2cFzhVi
✘ MY PARASITE CLEANSE: https://www.organicolivia.com/store
✘ VSL #3 (PROBIOTIC): http://amzn.to/2bX98Es [note: I rotate probiotics for diversity, I also use GutPro and Prescript Assist but VSL is my current favorite. Dr. Axe makes a good one too!]
✘ L-LYSINE: http://amzn.to/2csEMr3
✘ EXFOLIATION: apple cider vinegar (I buy mine on Vitacost.com along with all my dry groceries to save money. If you create an account using this link you get $10 off your first order.)
✘ PROBIOTIC ACNE CLEANSER: http://amzn.to/2cFADQ0
✘ FACIAL OIL: http://bit.ly/2c8nr5a

Blog posts that are mentioned or related:

✘ HOW TO FIX YOUR DIGESTION: https://www.organicolivia.com/2016/06/22/everything-you-need-to-know-about-how-to-improve-your-digestion/
✘ WHY IMPROVING YOUR BOWEL MOVEMENTS CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE: https://www.organicolivia.com/2015/12/21/the-complete-guide-to-why-cleaning-out-your-bowels-is-the-most-important-decision-youll-ever-make/
✘ TCM BODY CLOCK: WHY DO WE FEEL ILL AT A CERTAIN TIME OF THE DAY? https://www.organicolivia.com/2014/10/30/tcm-body-clock-why-do-we-wake-up-or-feel-ill-at-a-certain-time-of-day/

dana

Hi Anna – Unfortunately we don’t know which brands would reach Australia. Your best bet would be to walk into a natural food store by you and ask them to show you the various L-Lysine brands and compare it to the one Olivia recommends – Team Organic Olivia

Josue Rodriguez

Can I take all of the products at the same time or I can’t

dana

Yes based on the label recommended dosage and timing – Team Organic Olivia

Taylor

Hello Olivia! I am pleased to have found your blog. I am interested in buying your “parapro formula” and I am wondering if it is necessary to take the probiotics you mention in your “How I cured my acne” video at the same time? Right now I am thinking about starting with l lysine, your parapro formula, and the probiotic cleanser you suggested! I hope to hear back from you. Thank you for everything you do! You are amazing <3

dana

Hi Taylor, the probiotic supplement supports your gut health which we feel is important. You will also get more probiotic strains through a supplement than topically. You can read more about why we suggest taking the supplement in our ebook on the ParaPro found here . Feel free to reach out to support @ organicolivia dot com if we can assist you further – Team Organic Olivia

Chelsea

Hi Olivia, I am 23 and have struggled with acne my whole life. I have tried EVERYTHING it seems and have spent so much time trying to get my skin perfect. I love this video because you really get down to the science of where acne comes from. Some things work for others but everyone has different skin so it usually didn’t work for me. Or it had side effects. Or it would temporarily help my skin and then winter would come and my face would get dry and break out horribly. I love how many facts you read and it has really made me research hormone Imbalance even more. I believe hormone imbalance or not feeding your body the right nutrients is literally the result from any diseases, cancers, etc. im even reading how it can cause insomnia. It’s crazy. Thank you for sharing all this research. The lysine makes so much sense for my skin and body and I think I have too much androgen and DHT. Thank you and keep doing what you’re doing!! It’s great to hear real stories of people who find CURES and not just a drug to mask it

Festina

hi Olivia , after reading several articles of yours I’m not sure how to begin clearing my Body ( and Acne) . Shall I take all the products you mentioned at the same time? and what is the dosage? I really want to give it a try but I first want to know how to use the products before I purchase them 🙂 greetings from Germany!

Deanna

Hi Olivia! The facial oil listed above doesn’t show up on the link anymore. Can we get a suggestion for something else? Thanks!

Samantha

Hi! What was the other acne cleanser that you mentioned? I know you listed the probiotic one but you mentioned one that actually works better? Thanks!

debbie

Hi, Could you please tell me when and how many you take of the VSL, L-lysine and lower bowel? Thanks!

Emily

Hello Olivia ! I’m a big supporter of yours! You’re truly inspirational great job on your work, oh and your articles are amazing! Quick question I’ve been curious on this post as I suffer from acne , I ordered all of the pills and the face wash but I’m pretty much clueless on how offten and how to take all these pills, and is it okay to take them together ? If you could please reply and update me on this I’d really appreciate it. Keep up the good work beautiful!

natalie

Olivia, you are flippen amazing. Thank you so much. What do you use for your scars besides what you mentioned here and castor oil? Your skin looks so amazing now.

Adona

How to remove acne scars/ mark from face. I’m going to use L-lysine, it will prevent getting acne .. how to eliminate acne scars.. thank you so much for your video . Please do reply ..

Sara

Should we take L-Lysine while doing the cleanse?

Raquel

Hello Olivia. I came across your youtube video about acne last night and I would like to know if I can use all the products you listed all together i.e. the lower bowel formula, your parasite cleanse, vsl and l-lysine?

Raquel

also I workout twice a day, so what do you reccomend for washing my face?

Rosalie Delgado

Hi Olivia, I wanted to ask you what do you use for your body when you shower? I am currently dealing with back and chest acne for a little bit over a year now.

Cassie

Do you take the probiotic with the lower bowel formula? Or do you take them in different days?

Joelle

Hi Olivia!! This post was so helpful for my skin!! I am trying to purchase the facial sunshine oil but I am unable to. Is there any other facial oil recommendations you have? Thank you!

Holly

Hi Olivia! I want to say thank you so much for all of your post they’re very helpful and the fact you do your research and go into so much detail is so amazing. My question is about the apple cider vinegar. Do you apply it to your skin straight or dilute it with water first? And how long after do you put on oil? I’ve used oil on my face after the shower for a while now. I find since having my daughter and still breastfeeding going on almost 2 years, has made my skin and scalp drier then usual. Thank you again, I hope to hear from you 🙂 Holly R