DIY Pumpkin Spice Blemish Spot Treatment (great for acne!)
- Published on: 11 December, 2015
- Last update: 12 June, 2017
Happy-almost-holidays my friends! I’m coming at you today with this fun, effective, and easy do it yourself spot treatment for blemishes and breakouts. I can’t tell you how potent this little jar of magic can be, especially when you need to see results quickly. It is truly the best I’ve ever used!
This will be the first post in my #10DaysOfGiftmas series! For the next 10 days (starting today, December 10th) I’ll be posting DIY recipes that you can use to make beautiful, functional gifts for your loved ones. These gifts will not break your budget, will be made using organic/non-toxic ingredients, and will be infused with love. What more can you ask for in a gift?! I would much rather make my own gifts or support small businesses during the holidays. I hope you have fun as much fun making them as I did!
DIY Gift Idea #1: Pumpkin Spice Blemish Spot Treatment
What’s in pumpkin spice, anyway?
Pumpkin spice is full of ingredients that boost circulation, kill harmful microbes, and heal your skin. These include cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg. Here are the major stars…
Nutmeg: Nutmeg has anti-inflammatory properties and was used since ancient times for a variety of skin diseases including ringworms and eczema. When you combine it with honey in this recipe, which has antiseptic properties, the concoction will work to heal active spots and help erase old acne marks over time. Nutmeg also helps relieve pain + inflammation, while removing blackheads.
Cinnamon: Cinnamon detoxifies the skin by bringing blood & oxygen to the surface to open pores. It also dries out any affected or inflamed areas. Cinnamon has been used for thousands of years as an antiseptic, astringent, antifungal and anti-viral aid, among its many other uses. Additionally, cinnamon is an exfoliant and helps to remove the dead skin that acne-causing bacteria feed off of.
What You’ll Need:
• measuring spoon
• mixing spoon
• one (or more!) 20 gram cosmetic pot – you can get a pack of 10 here and make them for the whole family!
• 2 tsp organic pumpkin spice powder – you can also use cinnamon and nutmeg powders if you don’t have pumpkin spice.
- Mix the honey and pumpkin spice powder together in your mixing bowl, and transfer into your cosmetic pot.
- Dab the paste onto any offending zit or even whole problem areas.
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes, or overnight.
- Gently remove by rinsing with lukewarm water + pat dry.
You can also use this as a face mask on your whole entire face – just mix up a bit more 🙂 Let me know how it works out if you use it, and check back every day this week for new DIY ideas! xx