#10DaysOfGiftmas DIY Vegan Cookie Mix In A Jar (Just Add Coconut Oil!)
- Published on: 12 December, 2015
- Last update: 05 December, 2018
Hey friends – I’m back with Day 2 of #10DaysOfGiftmas where every day until the 20th I’ll be posting organic, non-toxic, handmade holiday gifts that you can make for friends and family with love. Today we have a delicious, edible gift that will warm up your loved ones homes with the sweet smell of chocolate chip cookies! They’re gluten free, vegan, and sweetened with coconut sugar.
You Will Need:
* one 32 oz. jar or mason jar
* a spoon so you can neatly layer the dry ingredients
* a ribbon and piece of cardstock so that you can design a tag
2 1/2 cups almond flour (I just blended almonds in my food processor)
2 tbsp coconut flour
2/3 cup coconut sugar (you can sub with cane sugar if it’s what you have on hand)
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. pink sea salt
1 tsp. cinnamon (optional for some extra warmth + spice!)
Wet ingredients your loved one will have to add:
6 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
1/4 cup water OR almond milk
Directions (to write on the card):
1. Pour all ingredients in the jar into a mixing bowl.
2. Add 6 tbsp. of melted organic extra virgin coconut oil + water (or almond milk).
3. Mix until thoroughly combined and form into cookie shapes (it makes about 20).
4. Bake the cookies for ~13 minutes at 350* F.
5. Let the cookies cool for about 20 minutes before transferring them to a plate or wire rack and serve.