Chocolate Brownies Protein Bites (Vegan-Friendly)
- Published on: 18 April, 2014
- Last update: 27 January, 2016
Yuuuuum! Nothing better than a decadent dessert that doesn’t make you feel an ounce of guilt. Although these are “brownies” there is not an ounce of flour in them – it’s all one very special secret ingredient. BLACK BEANS! I know what you’re thinking. I wasn’t thrilled about eating beans for dessert either. But after seeing them used so many times in gorgeous fitness-geared recipes, I had to try it out on my own. Nick said he never would have guessed in a million years that these “treats” are really protein-packed legumes!
- 1- 15 oz can low-sodium or no salt added organic black beans, rinsed and drained, patted dry
- 1 scoop Source Organic Whey Protein(if vegan, use a vegan protein powder)
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. coconut nectar (or maple syrup, agave, honey, any liquid works)
- 5 tbsp. dutch-processed cocoa powder (regular works fine, I prefer dutch)
- 3 oz. dark chocolate of your choice (if vegan, use vegan chocolate)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
2. Add in cocoa powder and protein powder, process again.
3. Chill batter in the fridge for 25 minutes.
4. Take it out and shape it into balls.
5. Melt your chocolate and coconut oil using the double boiler method and roll each ball in the coating. Refrigerate until the coating is solid!