Valentine’s Day Is Coming… Chocolate Ganache Truffles!
- Published on: 07 February, 2014
- Last update: 07 February, 2014
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips (I used Equal Exchange Organic Chocolate Chips from whole foods)
- 1/2 cup organic heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (you can also use chocolate extract for SUPER richness)
- cacao powder for rolling
- Put the heavy cream in a small pot on low heat. Bring it to a boil while stirring constantly.
- In a new bowl, mix your chocolate chips with your vanilla extract.
- Once your heavy cream is boiling, pour it into your bowl of chocolate chips. Stir quickly with a fork until everything is smooth and melted.
- Put the chocolate in the fridge for about 4 hours until it sets completely!
- Take the chocolate out and let it get to room temperature.
- Roll it into balls and then roll your balls in your cacao powder.
I got some mini baking cups for my truffles so that they look pretty and presentable! You can decorate your own box and fill it with these little guys for Valentines Day. I truly believe there is nothing better than a handmade present from the heart…. and DEFINITELY nothing better than chocolate. 😉