The most successful cookie I’ve ever made. Better than Pillsbury. I seriously don’t know why these are so good but they are. Perfect for a cheat night where you want to have something baaaaad but don’t want to eat GMOs or gluten. All of the ingredients are HIGH QUALITY so you can have a treat without ingesting harmful ingredients found in processed foods – this way you won’t throw your body off in your healthy lifestyle.
My friends were over last night and we made these. They always like my healthy cooking, but they always can tell it has a much more clean taste than the foods they’re used to. This time, they couldn’t tell the difference whatsoever and we vacuumed them up in about 30 seconds. Oh and we had raw grass-fed milk because the milk man came yesterday 😡 Delicious! My friends just started really getting into all the health information I’ve been spreading over the past few months, and I took them on a “tour of Whole Foods” to show them where all the good stuff is and what products are a sham! I cooked them dinner, we made cookies, and watched the most amazing documentary:
Cancer: The Forbidden Cures
Definitely a must-watch for anyone new to all the cures out there. This video could definitely help someone you know if they’re very sick or have cancer. Research is key!!
You Will Need:
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 cup of organic coconut sugar
(low glycemic, doesn’t spike blood sugar, THE best)
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 4 oz of organic grass fed butter, like this one available in Whole Foods and most health markets:
|It MUST be this exact brand, and the GREEN packaging like this that says Pasture Butter. I don’t work for this company at all, this is just the only brand I will buy because through all of my research this is the ONLY organic grass-fed supermarket option. KerryGold has now admitted that they supplement with grain when the weather isn’t permitting grass, and 3% of that grain “could” be GMO.
– 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
- Put the oat flour, the baking soda, and the salt in one bowl.
- Get another bowl, and add your butter and sugar. Break up the butter with a wooden spoon and firmly mix it with the sugar until it’s crumbly.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the crumbly butter and sugar. Mix.
- Pour that bowl’s mixture into the oat flour bowl. Mix vigorously.
- At this point it won’t be most enough to mix all the way through and you’ll still have excess flour. This is where you add the liquid coconut oil (just let it sit at room temperature to get liquid). Add as much coconut oil as you need to get a sticky, doughy texture. The more, the chewier!
- Last step: mix in the chocolate chips.
- Bake on parchment paper at 350 for 11-14 minutes. You have to keep checking them with a toothpick in the middle to see if they’re thoroughly cooked without burning them, they’re delicate.
You don’t have to cut out the butter and sugar from your life. You have to get a high quality organic grass-fed butter packed with CLAs that actually help you lose weight and build lean muscle. You have to also get a high quality sugar that is low-glycemic and doesn’t spike blood insulin because it is so nutrient dense! Coconut sugar is the absolute best choice to sweeten anything (besides stevia). Yes, it has calories, but it does NOT act severely in the body like sugar which spikes your blood sugar and makes you crave it!