Flourless Blueberry Protein Pancakes
- Published on: 05 February, 2014
- Last update: 05 February, 2014
I actually have some time this morning before I go to work! Woohoooo! Nick has been super stressed out lately and has had a lot going on in his life so I made him his favorite – blueberry pancakes. It’s snowing again so at least we had a nice two hour delay before work to get some extra sleep. Please send some positive thoughts his way! 🙂
These pancakes are a cinch!! You don’t need any fancy gluten-free flours… just some good old protein powder. I always use my non-gmo project verified & grass-fed Source Organic Whey. It actually really tastes like vanilla pancake batter when you cook it all up! I’ve used things like coconut flour in the past, which work really well, but the whey just gives it a thicker, fluffier consistency.
With this recipe, you’ll be getting protein from the high quality grass-fed whey that will keep you full and running throughout your morning. You’ll also receive some glutathione (150mg of it per serving!) which is essential for the body to perform daily detox. Glutathione is a threat against toxins of all kinds. It neutralizes free radicals, enhances immune functioning and detoxifies the liver. Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center in Lenox, Massachusetts discovered he lacked a gene called GSTM1, which is crucial to making and recycling glutathione. He now estimates that roughly half of Americans are missing one or more of the genes necessary to produce enough glutathione, so it’s incredibly important to consume it through the diet. Avocados and grass-fed protein are both wonderful sources.
The antioxidants from the blueberries will also keep the body looking and feeling vibrant!
- 2 scoops Source Organic Whey
- 1 egg
- a splash of milk (almond, cashew, cow’s milk, anything)
- a pinch of baking powder
- 1 super ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10-12 drops liquid stevia
- handful of blueberries
- coconut oil for frying
- Cut the banana into chunks or slices and add it to a blender/food processor.
- Add in the whey, egg, milk, baking powder, vanilla, and stevia.
- Blend everything up until smooth.
- Get a pan hot and add some coconut oil until it’s ready to fry.
- Pour your batter into pancake shapes and sprinkle some blueberries on top before the batter cooks!
- Add finished pancakes to a plate, and garnish with butter (always organic grass-fed), maple syrup, and blueberries. Other possible toppings include melted peanut butter, yogurt, and bananas!