Everyone Has Parasites PART TWO! My Experience w/ My First Cleanse
- Published on: 25 February, 2014
- Last update: 10 August, 2017
Update 6/12/15: Thank you to everyone who has read this post! I never expected so many people to be as interested in parasites as I am. I have always felt this is a hugely neglected part of medicine.
After many complaints about the terrible taste of the tincture I recommend in this post (sorry guys!), my Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner Lily and I created our very own parasite cleansing kit with the best components we’ve found to date. The cleanse that we created is in vegetarian capsule form only so it’s much more pleasant than a tincture or other methods. We are now accepting pre-orders on our IndieGogo campaign where you can read more! Thank you so much for your support!!
Hello everyone! I’m so glad so many of you were interested in reading about parasites in part one and thank you all for the feedback! Every day is a journey and I’m glad we can all learn about health and the human body TOGETHER, as I’m still learning as well – it never ends. We have a lot of ground to cover because we’ve never been taught a lot of the “alternative” and ancient things that are essential to our physical and mental health. Like I said, if you really want to delve into this subject of parasites and their connection to almost every disease/ailment check out “The Cure For All Diseases” by Hulda Clark (the book in my last post). You cannot be TRULY healthy if you have parasites, and you can’t have nearly as many parasites if you are healthy and constantly cleaning/nourishing your body with clean foods. A part of this process of cleaning and nourishing is bi-yearly parasite cleansing. You may need to make it more frequent if this is your first parasite cleanse. You have years of parasite reproduction to get rid of (as gross as that sounds, it’s a part of life!)
I just got home from my first ever alternative medicine appointment and it was AMAZING! I will do a full post on my experience this weekend (UPDATE 6/12/15: Post now available here). I saw a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practitioner, Lily, who is trained in the NAET protocol that fully eliminates the body’s allergies. Your overall health stems from the health of your gut: if your immune system is low and your gut is permeable/leaky, your body sees harmless food as allergens. This causes the body to poorly absorb nutrients and see food as the enemy, triggering inflammation. You are also susceptible to parasites when your immune system is low, as I’ve been saying. My TCM doctor said that all patients go on a parasite cleanse and explained that many women with painful menstruation and ovarian cysts actually have parasites in their uterus as a contributing factor. She had one patient who was about to get ovaries removed because of “cysts,” but she put her on a parasite cleanse instead. Yes… she had little worms come out! She went back to a Western doctor and didn’t need surgery – of course they were shocked!
My First Parasite Cleanse
Here’s how it started: I was very ill at the time with issues ranging from allergies to IBS to acne. I had already dabbled with some herbs such as Flor Essence to support my liver (which was causing all of my problems), but I felt that I was missing a piece of the puzzle. I read an article on Natural News about how over 90% of Americans have a serious parasite problem and don’t know it. As many of you know, I’ve always had a host of health problems and therefore have been open to trying anything! I started to do some research and found some videos on parasites. I eventually found this guy who tried a parasite cleanse and documented his journey. I watched all of his videos, and by the way, he shows pictures of his “results” so if you are a curious cat check him out. By typing in “how to parasite cleanse” into Google, I somehow came upon a forum on CureZone.com (which has now become one of my favorite websites). This is how I find a lot of the herbs and cleansing methods that have worked for me. I read forums created by people just like you and me, exploring alternative medicine and giving testimonies of what has worked for them! Absorb everything that you read on forums and read them often. You will get tons of different opinions and information from people all around the world, and then it’s up to you to do further research on those topics and decide which protocols are for you. Listen to your intuition on what traditional therapies resonate with you.
CureZone.com has an excellent parasite forum where I got a lot of tips and tricks! I started to check out the sub-forum “Hulda Clark Parasite Protocol” and realized that everything people know today about the three parasite cleansing herbs (black walnut hull, wormwood, cloves) was because of Dr. Hulda Clark’s discoveries. I bought her book and read the chapter explaining how to use the herbs for a complete parasite cleanse.
I printed out Dr. Clark’s chart on how many capsules/drops of each herb to take and put it on my fridge. I purchased Dr. Clark Store’s cleanse, which is on the left of this photo.
This particular package contains Green Black Walnut Hull in tincture form and wormwood/cloves in capsule form. Does this matter? It’s the way it’s written in Hulda Clark’s book, but I think you can take all three in tincture form to eliminate steps. That’s why this time around I’m trying all three herbs in tincture form together from a different company, to compare results. The Para-Cleanse Standard 3 items was $40 and worked very well for me, HOWEVER the new cleanse I’m doing right now (with all three in tincture) was only $11. I’ll let you know how this one stands up to the $40 set of the herbs. (UPDATE: It came out to more than $11 because you need 2-3 bottles to complete a cleanse. Both cleanses worked equally well in terms of killing the worms, but they are very rough on the taste buds due to the tincture aspect and many people in the comments have complained about that. I also had complaints about the psyllium husks/bentonite clay which I talk about below, because it’s constipating. I experienced this as well and now choose different colon-cleansing methods. Those are two of the major reasons my TCM doctor and I created our own cleanse with capsules instead of tinctures and more effective ways of releasing the bowels! You can check it out here)
This is the $11 tincture from Amazon.com:
Here’s why I’m doing another cleanse even though I did one a few months ago. I didn’t get all of the parasites out, silly me! My skin cleared up like crazy right after I finished the cleanse, but soon a few spots came back because I did nothing to maintain or continue my progress with killing the years of worms inside of me. Duh, in all 20 years of my life, that was my first parasite cleanse! When you’re just starting out after being in the dark for so long, you have to keep cleansing until you get everything out! NOTE: Always take a 2-3 week break between cleanses.
Another reason I’m doing a second cleanse is because you’re supposed to take maintenance doses after the parasite cleanse to keep the leftover eggs and any new parasites you ingest daily from thriving. Dr. Clark believed that in order to gain 100% of the benefit of the cleanse, it was best to stay on the maintenance dose indefinitely. This helps free up your body’s energy for issues that need attention rather than relentlessly fighting microorganisms. On top of that, the herbs in the maintenance dose contain essential minerals and nutrients that support the body’s overall immune system and keep things like colds and viruses away. I only took the maintenance dose for 1 week and then stopped. This time around, I plan to do three consecutive cleanses with 1 week breaks in between each cleanse. Then, I’ll take the maintenance dose (only one time a week!) (UPDATE: Here’s how my backne looked before and after 3 consecutive cleanses (plus my first huge worm specimen that was still in tact – most are broken up in the stool! I passed this guy on the 3rd cleanse while juice fasting):
I use my own parasite cleanse now every 3-6 months, and take 5 capsules 2x a day once a week for maintenance. I do enemas whenever I feel foggy or lethargic. I have gotten most of the huge worms out and now I mostly see flukes, eggs, or larvae.)
Explanation of the herbs used to cleanse
- BLACK WALNUT HULLS (from the black walnut tree – juglans nigra) Used by the Indians of America as an anti-parasite, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal remedy. Its active ingredients are juglone, tannin and iodine. The tincture of the green hulls of the black walnut kills the adult stages of the parasites.
- WORMWOOD (from the Artemisia shrub – artemisia absinthum) Known for its vermicidal properties and helps those with a weak and under-active digestion. It increases the acidity of the stomach and the production of bile. The wormwood capsules kill the larval stages of the parasites .
- COMMON CLOVES (from the clove tree – eugenia caryophyllata) Anti-parasitical, anti-fungal, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. It also removes pain. The clove capsules remove the parasite eggs.
The NOW tincture above containing these herbs says to take two droppers full twice a day on an empty stomach for two weeks (14 days). It says to take a one week break and you can start up again as many times as you need. Some amazon reviews said people tried three and four droppers full of the tincture twice a day and had even better results so I might bump it up. (EDIT: I did 3-4 droppers full 3x a day because my body could handle it. You may need much less since we’re all different. With the new cleanse my practitioner and I created, we use 4 capsules 3x a day. You must listen to your body and find the right dosage for you – work up slowly.)
Results The First Time
You do not feel them crawling out. They don’t come out alive. They don’t come out alone. They come out impacted into your bowels, hidden by the bulk of your stool. You will see certain parts of worms sticking out, but nothing crazy. It is recommended that you keep gloves and plastic tools in the bathroom in order to find out what parasite is infesting you the most so that you can target it. If you don’t want to, I understand! Just cleansing is most important, you don’t have to look.
Long story short, I got tons of worms out. Flatworms, roundworms, pieces of worms, liver flukes, sheep flukes, larvae, eggs, adults, everything under the sun. I also got a lot of candida out. I felt a lot of headaches while the worms were dying.
They only come out dead, so don’t worry, but when they die they release toxic ammonia into your body that gives you detox symptoms like dizziness, flu symptoms, headaches, fatigue, malaise, etc. That’s why you should cleansing the colon and releasing the bowels while you parasite cleanse, to remove the ammonia and toxins. They go hand and hand, and the colon cleanse will eliminate dead parasite casings and toxins that get stuck in your colon.
My digestion got better, I wasn’t bloated for the first time in years, I was in a better mood, I stopped grinding my teeth, I slept better, my under eye bags went away, and best of all MY SKIN CLEARED UP! Also, any dandruff went away (because the herbs also work to kill candida). Honestly, the benefits were absolutely endless. I would recommend a cleanse to anyone, but with a few amendments:
What I Did Wrong
Three things I did wrong:
1) Not having enough bowel movements while parasite cleansing
2) Not repeating the cleanse after a two week break (I had never parasite cleansed before so I had a lot to get out)
3) Not keeping up with maintenance doses
How I’m Doing My Current Parasite Cleanse
This time around like I keep saying, I’m trying out the NOW Foods tincture with all three herbs. (See edits in red above about how the tincture worked and the cleanse I make for myself and others now.)
- Take a colon cleanse drink (directions below) as soon as you wake up on an empty stomach. Follow with 8 oz of water immediately. Wait 1 hour, then take your parasite cleanse tincture or pills (put two droppers full of the tincture in a glass of water and chug.) Follow with another glass of water. Wait another 15-30 mins after your parasite cleanse drink, then eat breakfast.
- 2 hours before dinner (1 hour between colon and parasite drink, 1 hour between parasite drink and eating), repeat this entire process with another two droppers full. This means you will have one colon cleanse and one parasite drink in the morning, and one colon cleanse/one parasite drink in the evening. (EDIT: The colon cleanse drink below with bentonite clay and psyllium husk works very well to suffocate the worms and clear your intestines. However, it constipated me and many others in the comments. This is why the cleanse I created has colon care formula capsules that work very thoroughly – you should never be constipated while parasite cleansing!)
Colon cleanse drink: The drink I’ll be taking to cleanse my colon as I parasite cleanse is a P&B shake. This stands for Psyllium Husk and Bentonite Clay. You will need Whole Psyllium Husk and Liquid Bentonite Clay. I get both on Amazon (links):
- As I said, as soon as you wake up (and 2 hours before dinner on an empty stomach) take a P&B colon cleanse shake. To make a P&B shake, get 8 oz of water or juice, and add 1 tablespoon whole psyllium husks + 1 tablespoon liquid bentonite. Immediately shake and drink quickly. Follow with an 8 oz glass of water immediately. DO NOT MIX WITH METAL UTENSILS! ONLY SHAKE THIS! LIQUID BENTONITE DETOXES HEAVY METALS AND WILL PULL YOUR UTENSIL METAL INTO YOUR DRINK.
- Wait 1 hour after drinking the P&B shake, then take the parasite cleanse tincture/pills. 15-30 minutes later you can eat. It is important to follow the time guidelines because bentonite clay will absorb everything in it’s path, including the nutrients from your food and the herbs from the parasite cleanse drink. Take a probiotic every night.
You can do this parasite and colon cleanse that I’m doing while eating a normal diet. BUT, eat clean and healthy. Do not eat heavy foods or processed foods. It’s best to do the parasite and colon cleanse while juice fasting but this time around I’ll just be eating light. (EDIT: I indeed tried the cleanse while juice fasting. See the rope worm I got out in the photo up above^^^)
How To Enhance This Parasite/Colon Cleanse
1. EAT HEALTHY – Veggies, salads, leafy greens and cleansing foods. Avoid high sugar foods, and avoid all refined sugar/wheat/processed food.
2. EAT PARASITE KILLING FOOD – Raw garlic, pumpkin seeds aka “pepitas”, pineapples, papaya seeds, oregano essential oil in tea, dried figs.
3. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER – Keep your system flushing out toxins.
After Your Parasite Cleanse
Continue to take a maintenance dose of the tincture or pills. This would be two to three droppers full, twice a day on an empty stomach, once or twice a week. (EDIT: If you want to take a maintenance dose of the capsules in my cleanse, it would be 5 capsules 2x a day once a week)
Also important: after you finish the parasite and colon cleanse, take an excellent probiotic daily. You want to replenish any good bacteria that may have been effected by the herbal antimicrobial. I use Prescript Assist because it contains fulvic acid (rich in minerals) and you can really feel a difference.