How To Lose Weight With Apple Cider Vinegar + *40* Other Uses
- Published on: 04 January, 2014
- Last update: 26 January, 2016
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
What are the benefits?
40 Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Weight Loss – A 2009 study on mice showed that consuming acetic acid (the active component in ACV), upregulates the expression of genes for fatty acid oxidation enzymes in the liver causing a suppression in body fat accumulation. The acids also dissolve fats in the body and clogged on the arteries. I drink 2 teaspoons 3 times a day in lemonade.
2. Get Your Daily Vitamins Without a Pill – ACV is incredibly rich in potassium. Potassium deficiency can stunt growth. A shortened lifespan occurs for people living on foods from potassium deficient soil (which most of our soil is now thanks to pesticides). It also contains 19 minerals, including phosphorus, chlorine, sodium, magnesium, calcium, sulfur, iron, fluorine and silicon.
3. Alkalize Your Body – ACV can help alkalize your blood and body PH, especially when taken in lemon water.
4. Regulate Digestion – Besides the digestion benefits I mentioned, it also helps repopulate beneficial gut flora (like probiotics).
5. Treat Acid Reflux – It’s a natural alternative to heartburn medicine that REALLY does work – try it!
6. Detox – Incorporate it into your detox regimen to detoxify your liver and boost your circulation. I use it in my Wild Berry Lemonade Detox Drink.
7. Treat Allergies and Sinus Ailments – ACV breaks up mucus in the body and treats sinusitis and allergy symptoms. The potassium helps runny noses!
8. Treat Candida – Drinking ACV rids the body of too much candida in the gut and body flora. 2 teaspoons 3 x daily.
9. Get A Boost Of Energy – low PH = low energy. As I said, this alkalizes the body leading to a huge boost. I always drink it during workouts in a huge mason jar and get strange looks! 🙂
10. Get Rid Of Acne, Scars, and Age Spots – dilute ACV in 1 part vinegar, 2 parts water and use it as a toner!
11. Detox From The Outside Too – I put 1 cup in every bath I take to aid detox.
12. Soothe Sunburn – Adding 1 cup to your bath will also heal and soothe sunburn!
13. Whiten Teeth – Rubbing ACV on your teeth and rinsing with water can remove surface stains.
14. Remove Product Buildup In Hair Without Harsh Clarifying Shampoo! – Apply a 1 part ACV to 2 part water dilution to your hair/scalp after shampooing to remove product build up and leave it shiny!
15. Get Rid Of Fleas On Pets Naturally – A 1:2 dilution with water can be sprayed onto pets and rubbed into their skin. Make sure to saturate their skin. Do this every day for a week.
16. Get Rid Of Dandruff – The same dilution you can use to remove product buildup will also get rid of dandruff. This is my number one secret!
17. Remove Warts – Put some on a band-aid and apply to a wart overnight for several days.
18. Reduce Cellulite – I’m telling you, PUT THIS STUFF IN YOUR BATH!!! Your skin loves it.
19. Prevent The Flu & Colds – As soon as anyone around you get sick, put 2 teaspoons into lemon water (add stevia for sweetness). Drink three times a day and I guarantee you will not get sick.
20. Reduce Sugar Cravings – ACV balances blood sugar and helps you feel full thanks to pectin. No sugar cravings for you!
21. Boost Immunity
22. Lower Blood Pressure
23. Sooth rashes and mosquito bites
24. Helps to treat eczema
25. Boost metabolism
26. Strengthen Bones
27. Disinfect Wounds
28. Lowers Cholesterol
29. Can Help Stop Hiccups
30. Reduce Inflammation/Pain From Arthritis
31. Kill Weeds In Sidewalk Cracks
32. Remove Head Lice (mixed with mineral oil)
33. Remove Pesticides from Fruits & Vegetables (as a soak)
34. Remove Carpet Stains
35. Soothe Sore Throats / Strep Throat
36. Kill Toe Fungus / Athletes Foot
37. Put It On A Warm Towel As a Compress To Prevent Bruising
38. Ant Deterant
39. Jellyfish Sting Soother
40. Clean Windows!