In the mornings, I’m lucky if I have both eyes open. I stumble out of bed and start remembering all the things I forgot to pack in my bag the night before. Oh, I also was supposed to print out my homework…. (today was one of those.) I’ve always been an organized mess, and I accept it. I’ve adapted and learned to make smoothies in the morning instead of cooking up a full meal and dirtying dishes. What better way to get an easy and delicious blast of nutrients?
The main thing I’m concerned about in my breakfast is brain power.
I can’t stress this enough. Your first meal can either make or break your focus and productivity. In my opinion, the best way to get nutrients and fats directly to the mind is through CLA’s.
When I was fully paleo,
I would have a small portion of fatty (75%) organic grass-fed beef every morning in order to get the amazing omega 3’s and CLA’s that healthy pastured animals provide. However, beef is not the most appealing breakfast
when you’re tired and your stomach is a little funny. This is where grass-fed protein comes in.
CLA = conjugated linoleic acid
– CLA is a newly discovered fat that scientists have discovered may be a potent anti-cancer agent.
– In animal studies, small amounts of CLA have blocked all three stages of cancer:
1) initiation, 2) promotion, and 3) metastasis.
– Also in animal studies, CLA has slowed tumor growth in many cancerous areas of the body, including skin, breast, prostate, and colon. Source
– Women with the highest levels of CLA in their diets had a 60 percent reduction in the risk of breast cancer. Source
– CLAs help with inflammation, immune system, and insulin resistance.
– CLA LOWERS BODY FAT, especially when you exercise. EAT your grass-fed butter & red meat (grass-fed is the only red meat with CLAs) and DRINK your raw grass-fed milk!
Source Organics protein powder is the only grass-fed, non-gmo certified on the market, and it contains the CLAs I’m looking for. I have actually been drinking a lot of grass-fed raw cow’s milk with my source protein powder and I’m getting leaner and I even toned up. Mind you, the milk I get is not 2%, it’s 6.8%.
- 2 large handful of frozen berries (I used blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries)
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- raw grass-fed cow’s milk. if you cannot get raw cow’s milk, please use unsweetened almond milk. pasteurized milk has no benefits or enzymes.
- 1-2 scoops of Source Organics Whey
- 5-10 drops stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ice cubes if you like thinner smoothies
The gorgeous glass straw I used is by Glass Dharma. This is the “Shorty” and is only 7 dollars. I put it in the fridge for 20 minutes before I had my smoothie and it was the most refreshing thing ever. I never thought a simple glass straw could make a world of difference. It was seriously a luxury smoothie experience, and you don’t get plastic toxins leeching into your mouth and body! They have a LIFETIME GUARANTEE against breakage too.