Asian/Mexican Fusion: Chicken Teriyaki Taco Boats
- Published on: 31 January, 2014
- Last update: 31 January, 2014
- 1 cup gluten-free soy sauce, known as “Tamari” (MUST BE ORGANIC)
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp arrowroot powder (option, this simply thickens the sauce)
Mix all of the ingredients together. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10min.
Cut your chicken into pieces, and marinate overnight in the sauce. Place in a baking dish the next day and pour a little sauce on top as well, along with sesame seeds. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, flipping halfway. Test a piece by cutting it open, and if the chicken is not fully cooked simply leave it in a little longer.
Place your chicken in awesome lettuce boats. Add chopped tomatoes, orange or red peppers, and guacamole. This is a kid-friendly dish that the whole family will LOVE! xo