4 Ingredient Chocolate Pistachio Truffles – Vegan & Paleo Friendly
- Published on: 28 January, 2014
- Last update: 28 January, 2014
- They lower your cholesterol. Pistachios have been proven to reduce LDL cholesterol (the bad stuff) and raise HDL (the good stuff)!
- They are chock full of antioxidants that will keep you safe from free radicals.
- High in Vitamins A and E, they combat inflammation which is the basic cause of all disease, especially heart disease.
- 60% of the recommended daily value of phosphorous is found in just one cup of pistachios.
- Phosphorous has been shown to aid in glucose tolerance, so these are excellent for diabetic.
- Pistachios are amazingly rich in Vitamin B6.
- B6 makes the protein that carries oxygen to cells throughout the body that need it. This means better circulation, better blood, and thus better skin and overall well-being.
- Pistachios contain two antioxidants that most other nuts don’t have – lutein and zeaxanthin. These defend against tissue damage.
- They are a source of Vitamin E, which we all know is the beauty vitamin! Hello lovely skin, hair, and nails!
- 1/2 cup of nut butter (I used almond butter, you can use peanut butter or even pecan/walnut!)
- 1 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips (use a paleo-friendly dark chocolate bar sweetened with coconut sugar or stevia to make this recipe paleo.)
- 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips + 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to melt for the coating
- Finely ground pistachio nuts (powder like) to roll truffles in
- Finely ground cacao powder (I used cacao powder with maca powder in it) to roll truffles in
1. Blend nut butter, coconut oil, pistachios, and dark chocolate chips in a food processor. If you don’t have chocolate chips, you can use a chocolate bar! In one batch of these, I used an almond-coconut chocolate bar sweetened with coconut nectar because it is low glycemic. I got it at Whole Foods, and here is the website!
2. Roll your mixture into balls.
3. Melt the 3 tbsp of chocolate chips + 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a pot on low heat and mix to make the coating.
4. You can either roll your balls in the chocolate coating, or in your pistachio / cacao powder. Switch it up and get creative!