Wild Berry Detox Lemonade
- Published on: 31 December, 2013
- Last update: 26 January, 2016
I made this up last night because I was trying to choose between my two favorite things: the organic Clipper wild berry tea that I got in London, or a tall glass of ice water with apple cider vinegar, lime&lemon, and stevia: the sweetest, most satisfying lemon-limeade ever. I like to experiment so I brewed some tea, let it cool for a bit and decided to mix it with my ice cold stevia ACV/lemonade.
Basically the best berry lemonade of your life.
Did I mention it’s 0 calories, gives you no insulin sugar spike, & helps you detox by cleaning your blood lymph? Nbd.
- 1/2 mug of Organic Wild Berry Tea – I used a brand called “Clipper” that makes the best wild berry tea ever.. I bought it while I was in London and was hooked from day one. I was running out & couldn’t find anywhere that shipped it to the US besides e-bay but finally Vitacost is carrying it! I’ve been thinking about ordering from them for a while but finally did because they now carry me tea – I bought the tea, stevia, raw cacao, apple cider vinegar, and cacao butter from them and it was all pretty inexpensive, especially if you buy in bulk and make simple recipes from scratch a lot!
- 2 tsp Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar – the best organic raw brand of ACV, and has “the mother” inside. The mother is the enzyme that settles at the bottom of the bottle, and is part of the normal production process with natural apple cider vinegar. Hippocrates used cider vinegar with the mother to treat his patients because it has internal clensing and healing properties. I always got this from whole foods but found it on Vitacost for $2.79! Follow my link & you can get $10 off a purchase of $30 (I originally used this coupon from @fitalicious_me’s link, which is how I found out about them!)
- Juice of 1 lime and 1 lemon – my favorite & some of the most versatile / healing fruits.
- 1 & 1/2 droppers of liquid stevia – I’m using a brand called KALS right now which is really good (got it on amazon). I just ordered the Vitacost brand for when I run out because of the reviews & price!
- Distilled Water (you can find a page that pretty much explains why I only drink distilled water here. )
- The tea contains hibiscus, honey bush, pineapple, and bilberry- all beneficial herbs/fruits.
- Hibiscus lowers high blood pressure/cholesterol.
- Honeybush relieves cold and flu symptoms and has healing effects on the liver.
- Bilberry has shown to fight toxicity, has powerful health nutrients, and may benefit the eyes.
- Apple cider vinegar simulates circulation and detoxes the liver. Ancient cultures used it to purify their blood. It’s incredibly rich in minerals, vitamins and enzymes.
- ACV aids in digestion. It’s basically a miracle worker for before meals.
- It whitens teeth. There’s nothing it can’t do!
- Lemon and lime are incredibly nourishing and clean your organs. They help with weight loss and acne.
My favorite part about this drink is that it glows in the light. It also speeds up my metabolism thanks to the lemon and ACV. I feel great today after drinking it all day. I hope you love it as much as I do!