Balsamic Honey Walnut Salad
- Published on: 31 December, 2013
- Last update: 26 January, 2016
Nick and I rollerbladed for about 3 hours today and it was amazing! The first half of the trip was perfect because it was completely downhill (Nick is laughing at me as I type this) and life was gooooooood. I got a little carried away with the whole downhill aspect and we went SUPER far… and I realized we had a long trek home. It was challenging but I felt accomplished and incredibly hungry once we got back! I was craving a salad, which I often do now that I eat very healthy. Nick gets the credit for this one because he thought of it and whipped it up in about 3 minutes. It’s DELICIOUS. My new favorite sweet, salty, and savory salad.
- Bowl of organic mixed greens/herbs (or your favorite greens)
- 6 sliced cherry tomatoes
- Handful of walnuts (I like some chopped and some full)
- About 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar (? he eyed it)
- 1 tablespoon raw local honey, drizzled on top
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon
- Black Pepper
Give it a toss and enjoy! It is soooo satisfying thanks to those walnuts and their healthy brain fat.