15 Ways To Use Coconut Oil for Health Detox + Beauty
- Published on: 29 December, 2013
- Last update: 26 January, 2016
- Cooking at high heat – Coconut oil is the healthiest oil to cook with by far. Although I do use other oils such as olive in salad dressings, I do not use olive oil for cooking/baking for one very important reason: it becomes toxic when heated past about 300 degrees. As soon as you see the oil smoking (thus at its “smoke point”) it is useless and harmful. Coconut oil can safely be heated well past 350 degrees!
- Eat it by the spoonful to BOOST METABOLISM.. WHAT?! – Sounds insane but this is a huge weight loss secret. Back in 1940, farmers gave coconut oil to their livestock in an attempt to fatten them us. Instead of seeing weight gain, the animals became active, hungry, and lean. It was determined that coconut oil has a thyroid-enhancing effect that stimulates metabolism! The Philippines and other nearby areas have the largest per capita consumption of coconut oil in the world and obesity is rarely ever seen. Start off by taking half a tablespoon twice a day and work your way up to 3 tablespoons a day for best results.
- Detox your body – By boosting your metabolism, Skinny coconut oil will help your body remove toxins a lot faster and your organs will work more efficiently. Coconut oil is largely comprised of medium-chain fatty acids, which are sent directly to the liver for energy rather than storage, and can give your liver the energy it needs to expel toxins.
- Candida – Our bodies are supposed to have a balance of good bacteria and fungus. When you eat too much sugar, you can have a fungal yeast overgrowth called Candida. In fact, probably every single American has this overgrowth because of the way we’ve been eating. If you have taken antibiotics, birth control, if you drink alcohol or eat many carbs and sugar, you are almost guaranteed to have too much Candida in your system. Symptoms include feeling tired and worn down, difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus, ADD, ADHD and brain fog. Skin symptoms are issues such as eczema, psoriasis, hives, and rashes, vaginal infections , urinary tract infections, rectal itching or vaginal itching. Emotional symptoms cover irritability, mood swings, anxiety, or depression, and strong sugar/carb cravings. Coconut Oil is anti-fungal and completely devoid of carbs and sugar that feed yeast. Lauric acid in the oil kills invaders that are harmful to the body like viruses, bacteria, fungus, and parasites. Take several spoonfuls a day whether in smoothies, over steamed veggies, or straight to kill candida!
- Oil-Pull to detox your body and whiten teeth, freshen breath, and reduce blood sugar – Oil-pulling pull toxins, bacteria, fungus, and other nasty bugs from the mouth AND the body, cleaning our blood. Our mouths are a host to bacteria and microorganisms that live in our saliva and travel through our bloodstream. Before you eat or drink anything in the morning, take a tablespoon of Skinny and swish it around in your mouth and through your teeth for 20 minutes. Do this every day, forever! This process has helped me so much, I will never stop.
- Kill viruses/infection and boost your immune system – As I said, coconut oil contains Lauric Acid which kills viruses, bacteria, fungus, and parasites.
- The greatest leave-in conditioner – Coconut oil gives you shiny, strong hair! I use it as a 1 hour deep conditioning treatment. It contains Lauric Acid, which binds hair proteins, protecting oots and preventing breakage. It is a natural moisturizer that penetrates the hair shaft and heals from within.
- Reduce wrinkles – Coconut oil eliminates dead skin cells, reduces flaky skin, and lessens wrinkles! Say goodbye to expensive creams.
- Become smarter and sharper – Coconut oil is a source of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs), which the body can convert to a fuel called ketones. Ketones travel to the brain and provide an alternative to glucose. The brain can use this fuel for an immediate improvement in processing of information and decision making.
- Throw out expensive creams and keep your face moisturized – Coconut oil will moisturize your skin and kill bacteria or fungus on it at the same time (it’s antiseptic.) It strongly treats my acne and keeps me completely hydrated.
- Get energy without sugar, an insulin-free energy source for diabetics – the MCFAs in the oil immediately give us energy. Unlike sugars and starches, the body doesn’t require insulin to utilize this energy. It can of course, stabilize weight and this improves blood sugar levels.
- Treat acne, eczema, and psoriasis – These disorders, like candida, are caused by too much sugar/alcohol/stress and a fungal overgrowth. Coconut oil is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-septic and can treat all three conditions.
- Prevent disease – Coconut oil contains two antioxidants, ferulic an p-coumaric acid which enable it to combat free radicals and prevent disease.
- Heal your skin – The oil can soothe itching, even from eczema (and actually cure eczema because it’s anti-fungal), and heal dryness, cuts or scratches
- Ditch the chemical concoctions and shave with coconut oil – The oil is incredibly slick and moisturizing, use it as a shave gel and aftershave lotion.
My favorite out of all of these is oil-pulling. You will be amazed at how you feel after oil-pulling with Skinny Coconut Oil every morning. Your body literally spits out toxins and your mouth health is improved 10-fold. This is an ancient practice that is used by experts around the world.
– Dr. Bruce Fife, naturopath doctor, nutritionist, and master detoxer
– See more at: http://mamanatural.com/how-to-do-oil-pulling/#sthash.l4ac8PPv.dpuf